The teachers at our child day care center are dedicated to making your child's first classroom experiences a positive foundation for learning.
At Show 'N Tell School, we have classes for infants as young as six weeks right on through to kindergarten.
- Infants (over 6 weeks of age) – A loving, safe environment with experienced caregivers
- Toddlers – An emphasis on playing well together
- Preschool – 3-year-olds learning the fundamentals
- Pre-K – 4-year-olds preparing for success in school
- Kindergarten – Show 'N Tell School provides both full-day programs as well as programs dovetailing with local public school half-day programs providing before- and after-care. Our school is on the bus route for Beaumont Elementary School.
The curriculum for each age level is tailored to developmental readiness to provide the appropriate environment for every child.
- Reading readiness:
Reading readiness is a part of every child's daily classroom experience at Show 'N Tell School – Paoli child day care center. Even tiny infants enjoy being read to. As children progress, books continue to be a part of every day, from story time to book-related activities extending the reading experience, to learning about letters and letter formation.
- Math readiness:
Math activities like counting and measuring develop early math skills.
- Computer skills:
Teaching computer fundamentals is a part of the curriculum for our older children: age appropriate educational games help reinforce basic language and math skills while children learn how to use the computer. Our pre-K students love to write their own stories!
- Art and music enrichment:
Students at the Show 'N Tell School have plenty of time to be creative. We learn songs and play along with our own rhythm instruments. We create artwork with crayons, paints, clay. Creative time is an important part of our day.
- Physical education:
A commitment to physical fitness and activity starts early. There is daily time for games, and our large field offers plenty of room for sports.
We believe cooking is a great way to integrate academic skills like reading and measuring and get kids excited about learning. Some classe have "themed units" – reading books about apples, doing math activities based on apples, a field trip to an apple orchard, making apple recipes...
- Outdoor play:
We plan every day to include outdoor free play time, where children can enjoy our playground equipment, make up crazy games like "Silly Band Tag," and just plain have fun.
- Outdoor education:
Our residential setting and spacious 2-acre campus allows us lots of chances to learn about the natural world with a curriculum that changes with the seasons – raising butterflies in the spring, collecting leaves in the fall for art projects.
- Special events: Visiting programs provide enrichment for all our students, like puppet shows and visiting zoos. Our older children (3 and up) benefit from field trips to places like Linvilla Orchards and Dutch Wonderland.
- Summer camp:
Our summer camp program, for children 3 – 8 years old, includes weekly field trips, fun water games, sports, arts and crafts, outdoor activities. The large fenced grass playground has swings and lots of equipment to keep older kids engaged and having fun.
If you would like more specific information about the curriculum for your child's age range, please feel free to contact us.